Hello world! I’m back with another video to show you guys what we are cooking up here at DSC. I’ve made a lot of internal improvements to the code, but I have a little something to show as far as features too. Check out the video!
So what have I been up to? Mostly I’ve been cleaning up the code, fixing some nasty bugs in OpenCL that were causing crashes. They seem to all be squashed for now so I can start focusing on some key things (besides writing my thesis!) such as fixing up the collisions even more. I also want to take the hose object I’ve got now and make it more interactive so gamers can start spraying things! I’ve been upgrading the UI and exposing more simulation parameters, but there is plenty more work to be done in that area. I look forward to getting it set up in the Particle Panel when the rendering mode is set to Blender Game.
We’ve also been working on getting the project built on windows, which Andrew Young has gotten well underway. He’s got the standalone library compiling and running on windows (even with stereo 3D rendering!) but we still need to link it up to Blender.
I’m in the process of writing this up for my Master’s thesis, which will lead to some extensive documentation. I hope that with a proper writeup it will be easier to collaborate with other Blender developers and get my code better integrated. I do want to thank the Blender community and especially the devs in the IRC channel for all the help so far, it really is amazing to learn so much from people all over the world!
The DSC model used to contain the fluid particles in this picture was created by Martin Lindelöf. Also thanks to Chris Webber and Slikdigit for Blender Python UI inspiration and tutelage. Shout out to Moguri for all his help!